We aim to establish an information service for fishing industry in Barents Sea which offers complete overview of market situation and trends, commercial and technical data of key players, analytical reviews and news regarding industrial development.
We are going to start our service with close and special look at the relationship between Norway and Russia, before we gradually include other participating nations. Barents Sea is the only area of our interest and in our opinion deserves special focus.
BarentsNews is the source of only commercial information. We are not going to bother our customers with any advertising. “Straight to the point” is our motto.
In the future BarentsNews will offer separated modules with information. Our customers will have the opportunity to choose the information they want access to and not to pay for the stuff they don’t use. At the same time we get the possibility to develop our concept in phases. Two main phases are currently planned.
- Quotas: Two reports which show you everything about the industrial (free) and commercial cod and haddock quotas of all Russian shipowners that operate in the Barents Sea.
- Daily catch: Two reports which show you everything about today’s catch in the Barents Sea. First one presents graphics, second one takes you in depth and show the catches of every vessel.
- Limited news overview.
- Paid services.
Phase 1 represent our limited edition. At the same time quota situation and overview of daily catch in combination have a significant commercial value. We are also going to supplement these reports with advisory help in order to enlarge the value of our information.
Another important goal of phase 1 is establishing of the relationship to our customers. Our core business is to identify, analyze and share the information which contributes to improving of commercial and business relations. However we depend on feedback from professionals who participate in fishing business on daily bases.
The first phase is now completed and you see the results.
- Everything about vessels (overview of all vessels, main technical data, respective shipowner, etc)
- Everything about shipowners (overview of the shipowners, contact information, vessels operated by the same shipowner, negative remarks, etc)
- Everything about harbours (harbour information, overview of agents, cold storages, banks, transport companies, other service companies in the respective harbour with all contact information, in order to give Norwegian companies a better profile on the Russian market)
- Complete news about everything that happens in and around Barents Sea, with our own interviews of known people in fishery business.
The main goal of phase 2 is to sort out the essential experience and feedback from phase 1, and then to incorporate this information as standard services in BarentsNews. With another words the information which our customers can get through paid services during phase 1 will be a part of our information modules in phase 2. In such a way we can share important information with more customers at the same time.
We are going to identify and incorporate in BarentsNews as much of valuable for fishing industry in Barents Sea information as possible. In the same time we will continue to take special care of our customers through our advisory help.
We have planed to complete phase 2 by the summer 2003.