BarentsNews philosophy »
Our business idea is based on the fact that high-quality information has a significant commercial value in any business. Fishing industry is not an exception - all business decisions on both strategic and operative level depend on always updated, complete and reliable information.
We concentrate our efforts on the area of Barents Sea because of two main reasons:
- On one hand we mean that this region is challenging and exiting. Barents Sea represents a great mix of many participating nations, cultures and business traditions. With so many events happening all the time, Barents Sea deserves an own surveillance source.
- On the other hand we do originally come from this region and benefit from long practical experience, particularly trading activity, and have a significant network among important players in fishing industry of Russia and Norway.
We use both fishing industry and authorities as information sources. This combination of professional engagement and independent point of view gives us a reliable and complete overview of business and industrial situation in Barents Sea.
We have chosen Internet as a communication channel, and it is not an accidental choice. There are two main reasons for that:
- We have recourses in our organization which are capable of managing Internet technology in a professional way based on many years of practical experience.
- Internet entirely meets today’s requirements to an information service:
- It has to be an easy and fast way to find the information which supports business decisions.
- Business has to be done anytime and anywhere.
- Information has to be available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
In order to build a value-added information service, we have decided to supply 3 levels of information:
- Fact based information
- Analytical information
Quota situation gives you the possibility of:
- Evaluating of total market situation, potential and trends
- Evaluating of each significant player
- Evaluating of competitive situation
Daily catch report gives you the possibility of:
- Controling of partners and competitors operation on daily basis
- Planning of own fishing activity
- Purchasing and production planning
Information about vessels gives you:
- Contact information of the owners
- Technical details
Information about shipowners gives you:
- Contact information
- Track record and reputation
Analytical information helps you with:
- Market trends
- Market segmentation
- Competitive situation
We base our concept on facts about the fishing market and development of fishing industry in Barents Sea, but also aim to bring in analytical point of view. Our main goal is to process the information in such a way that it would be cost-efficient for our customers to use it. Besides we include news as an important part of our service. News reflects the business activity in the region and set events in perspective.
We believe that information on BarentsNews is interesting for a whole specter of companies and organizations:
- Ship-owners, fish traders, agents, freezing-terminals, bunker companies, suppliers of marine equipment, etc
- State authorities such as Ministry of fishing , veterinary border control organizations, coastal guard service and harbor authorities
- Organizations such as Norges Råfisklag and Norges Sildesalgslag
- Export committee and export trade councils